New parents are always trying to find a way to save money. Making baby wipes at home is a great way to save money as well as protect the environment. When you make your own baby wipes you don’t have to stand in a line forever or spend tons of cash on expensive store-bought baby wipes. If you make baby wipes in the comfort of your own home you don’t have to throw out package after plastic package. I think that making wipes from home is a great idea in our current economic and environmental situation. Why use baby wipes coupons when you could make the wipes yourself. This is the biggest discount on baby wipes you will find anywhere. Here is a list of what you will need to make baby wipes at home.Source
1. A plastic container. I like to use an old store-bought wipes container.
2. A strong role of paper towels. A thicker brand is better.
3. You’ll also need a sharp knife to cut the role in half.
4. Boil 2 cups of water and let them cool to room temperature.
5. 2 Tablespoons of any baby shampoo or baby wash.
6. 1 Tablespoon of baby oil.
To make the baby wipes at home, first you will have to cut the roll of paper towels in half. Then remove the inner cardboard tube. You will then mix the liquids in the plastic container. Once you have mixed the fluids you can place the paper towels into the plastic container. After that close the container and allow the paper towels to soak up the liquid. Once you have finished that step turn the sealed plastic container upside down for about 10 minutes. Depending on how you laid the roll in the plastic container pull out a sheet and there is your wipe. Congratulations you have saved money had fun and helped saved the environment all in about 15 minutes.
1. These also make a great gift for new parents.
2. You can decorate or personalize the container and, of course, be sure to include a copy of the recipe.
3. Save the other half of the roll for use next time you make wipes.
4. Make sure the container is closed tightly after each use to prevent drying out.
5. When your baby is older and his skin is less sensitive, you can add about a teaspoon of rubbing alcohol to the mix. Making baby wipes at home is a good way for new parents to save money. No one knows the importance of saving money as much as a new parents. Making your own wipes is just one way to save money. I will try to put up more articles on how new parents can save money without the use of coupons.