We all have known that it’s important to eat right especially when dealing with the stress of living with pain. I am not sure if eating mounds of veggies instead of a steak will lessen the pain associated with an aching back, however the following nutrients are known for having properties that can be helpful to those of us who suffer from back pain.
- VITAMIN E-400 IU daily; anti-inflammatory
- VIITAMIN C-250-500mg twice daily
- ZINC-30 mg twice daily; anti-inflammatory
- CALCIUM-600mg daily; strengthens bones
- MAGNESIUM- 250 mg daily; strengthens bones and relaxes muscles
- GLUCOSAMINE SULFATE: 500 mg. three times daily. Can rebuild cartilage in joints and has been studied by the American College of Rheumatology as an effective treatment for rheumatoid arthritis.
There are other nutrients and herbs that may also work. However it is important to remember that many of these alternative medicines or herbs can cause serious side effects. Please consult your doctor before taking any herbal mixture and certainly let your physician know of any vitamins you are taking beyond the usual multi-vitamin and treating lower back pain.
As a back pain sufferer who has dealt with pain, physical therapy, spinal injections and surgery and has finally found a way to stop the pain and prevent it from coming back, I do believe in taking a holistic approach. Proper nutrition is only part of the picture. Finding the right program of exercise is even more vital to getting your life back.One of the top rated programs is This program developed by The Healthy Back Institute has helped thousands to lose their back pain for good. The Lose The Back Pain System custom designs a program of specific movements and exercises tailored to your exact needs. So as important a role that nutrients play in treating lower back pain, it is a well balanced program of doctor care, diet and exercise that in the long run will pay big dividends in restoring your health